618 Tuner club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

618 Tuner club

THE club for the midwest area tuner.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new member, mazdaspeed protege

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blackwolf1778

new member, mazdaspeed protege Empty
PostSubject: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:12 pm

names Tim Sanders, im 21 live in white hall IL, enjoy cars def. my #1 hobby car comes before sex and food.... currently travel alot for work so im away from my car alot.. Sad but when i come home makes it 10x more fun.. currently driving a 2003 mazda speed protege new member, mazdaspeed protege PC317514

2.0L turbocharged... runs fair no idea on any times or numbers... its my newest toy bought in november 2010 (dont quote me on that)
bought it bone stock since ive changed the rims, put a HUGE front mount, all hard pipes, 2.5 catless exhaust raised the boost to 10 PSI, anyhow its alot of fun! Smile

some more pics of the MSP
new member, mazdaspeed protege PC317499
new member, mazdaspeed protege PC317526

i also own a 2003 nissan 350z.. its in parts.. young and dumb driving got it but shes on a rebuild stripped the car consists of 1 racing seat now and hoping to weigh in a 1000 lbs lighter than stock (2860lbs) carbon hatch, hood, side skirts, roof, pillars, and door soon, will be used for a track car now, when i bought the Z it was amazing condition had 28K miles on it (currently has 36K) but like i said before young and dumb fell asleep at the wheel and wrecked it insurance paid off almost 14k in damages (bought most of my carbon lol)

its current mods
--------------------------
nismo cat back 3 in exhaust
nismo front and read lower sway bars
cusco front strut tower bar
tein s tune coilovers
nismo short throw shift
5 puck ACT clutch
bored throttle body

some old pics of the Z
new member, mazdaspeed protege IMAG0049
new member, mazdaspeed protege IMAG0039

anyhow thats my brief story thanks for reading looking forward to meet some new people and see some nice rides
Back to top Go down
NissanJon
Admin
NissanJon

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 am

I have a soft spot for Z's,how bad was the damage??
Back to top Go down
https://618tuners.forumotion.com
blackwolf1778

PostSubject: the Z   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 am

ugh.. for the most part its back to complete she starts and runs..

i had to replace both inner and outer tie rods bent those to shit, replace a rim, a core support, headlights, hood, passenger mirror, and as you know when it comes to Z parts that shit aint cheap lol....
Back to top Go down
blackwolf1778

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:37 am

all im lacking is paint (bought the gallon of paint just waiting for it to warm up so i can shoot it) its going satin black with a heavy metallic flat clear, i need new door handles, and needs a new curpatine belt, ( i deleted the AC, power steering)
Back to top Go down
SPirtle
SPirtle

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:12 pm

So what are your plans overall with the Z? Autocross, drift, or just fast weekend car?
Back to top Go down
blackwolf1778

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 7:28 pm

drift would be alot of fun... stl's drift scene is all 240's but again im not experienced but it will be a fun car to learn in lol
Back to top Go down
SPirtle
SPirtle

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:01 pm

The learning curve on a 350z is stupid easy. If my Z wasnt so nice and if parts were cheap I would drift it for sure. I can drift my Z all day. My 240 on the other hand.... Is a completely different animal and is a lot harder to control in a drift.
Back to top Go down
NissanJon
Admin
NissanJon

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

my Z is being built as just a fast all around car. fast in the straits and fast in the turns.
Back to top Go down
https://618tuners.forumotion.com
SPirtle
SPirtle

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Yeah I just want my Z to stay how it is. Then once its paid off and the warranty is up.... She be gettin a vortech supercharger Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new member, mazdaspeed protege   new member, mazdaspeed protege Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new member, mazdaspeed protege
Page 1 of 1