618 Tuner club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

618 Tuner club

THE club for the midwest area tuner.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

turbo questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jdbrand1975

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 9:12 pm

can you safely run 8psi on a fairly stock but rebuilt v8 and does the computer need redone i am looking at a single turbo kit but honestly know nothing about them. any positive feed back would be appreciated .
Back to top Go down
SPirtle
SPirtle

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 10:23 pm

What kind of V8, and what type of pistons, and hardware were used. Yes you will need a dyno tune or some type of air/fuel metering. And by saying 8lbs is all dependent on the size of the turbo. If I were doing a 302 turbo, I would probably run twin T28s. But it all depends on what supporting mods you have.
Back to top Go down
jdbrand1975

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:11 am

it is a 305 tuned port injection did nt do rebuild last owner did i pulled heads 30 over flat top cast pistons i put a set of large valve cast heads on it dont know what cam it has it is also a 5 speed but doubt that is relevant.
Back to top Go down
SPirtle
SPirtle

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:35 am

I dont know Chevys well at all but your best bet is google and the car specific forums. I found this in like 2 seconds http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/power-adder/373928-anybody-twin-turbo-305-a.html
Back to top Go down
NissanJon
Admin
NissanJon

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 12:02 pm

you could do a remote mounted turbo,where the turbo is back by the mufflers...otherwise you will need to route all of your exhaust to the turbo and that would require new manifolds. to be honest,your best bet would be super charger.
Back to top Go down
https://618tuners.forumotion.com
SPirtle
SPirtle

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 4:30 pm

Here is what Jon is talking about http://ststurbo.com/
They are rear mount turbos, and to tell you the truth I have never really understood why nobody runs them. They seem good on paper and everything but I havent researched them enough to know the pros and cons of them. But I did look into a kit for my old Eclipse once. I would build a nice stroker motor and make it all forged and ready for a S/C conversion later on.
Back to top Go down
jdbrand1975

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:31 pm

thanks guys but i might justgo with the stroker motor idea 400 to 450 horse is enough for me i hope. if i had more money and knowledge twin turbo at 30 psi sounds good but i ain t ready
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

turbo questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: turbo questions   turbo questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

turbo questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
618 Tuner club :: 618 Tuners :: Performance help-
Jump to: